Monday, December 1, 2008

Kaya ko ba?

Issa says, Kaya!
It's time to share my Kaya layouts... there were 4 weeks of challenges at the Pinoy Scrappbooker's blog hosted by Marj Velarde. It's always exciting everytime Marj throws out a challenge... why? Oh maybe because she is sooo generous! Generous in giving prizes and in sharing her great talent and sytle. But of course, you have to face her challenges... hehehe!

Kaya 19-1: Maggie Wants to Rock
This week's challenge was to create a page with a bow! I used here DCWV Rockstar pps, some cardstocks for the die cut titles, fushia ribbon, glittered glue, journaling tag, and AC thickers vinyl and foam letter stickers.


Kaya 19-2: Princess
I love the second week's challenge... Negative or White space! I used here Basic Grey Cupcake pps-candles, mac 'n cheese, celebrate, confetti, BG fibers and cardstock stickers, corrugated board, cardstocks, Maya Road chipboard crown, AAS felt ribbon, buttons, DMC thread, lace, glittered glue and K & Company tags.


Kaya 19-3: B is for...
Distressing was third week's challenge. Just like the negative space, distressing is also one of my favorite technique. After I tear, comes the inking. I also sand the sides of my photos to get another distressed look. In this layout I used Bazill black cardstock, DCWV cardstocks, Anne Griffin shells pps, corrugated board, blessings ribbons, Miss Elizabeth's epoxy letter stickers, K & Company embossed word stickers, Provocraft shell stickers, MM letter stickers, BG Wilma chipboard letter B, Ranger crackle paint, MM acrylic paint, Colorbox chalk ink, and Ranger glossy accents. These are the moments I love to treasure... my two boys bonding together.



Kaya 19-4: Idol 2 Moments
For the final week, Marj asked for a spread layout using red, orange, green, blue and yellow colors. I had a hard time putting together all the required colors but I had fun creating a 2-pager layout. I scrapped my Idol 2 Moments, my experiences and my "kaba" moments. I used here DCWV cardstocks, Fancy Pants pps, Scenic Route pps, assorted buttons, Prima flowers, bling, brad, DMC threads, BG mini momos chipboard letters, Ranger glossy accents, glittered glue, Colorbox fluid chalk ink, corrugated board and Brillance ink. I starting making this layout last Friday while Chuy was having a dance rehersal in school. It took me awhile to sew all the matting. But somewhow, it turned out fine, I guess!

As Marj said, the random draw will held on December 6 during the PS-SE Christmas Party. Goodluck to all of us!

Thanks for looking!

No comments: