Friday, April 20, 2018

Seoul Searching!

It was spring time in South Korea, but it was a winter experience for me!

On to my second destination with the LB Scrapaholics ladies... I had the chance to travel again with Dras. Rita Vergara and Chiqui Gutierrez, Ate Liezl Arellano, Cors Mijares, Helga Vergara and my BFF Timi Mercado on April 2-7, 2018.

 Hello Seoul, South Korea!



Day 2: A whole day of FUN at Everland. This is their themed park in Korea. For this season, they featured the Tulip Festival. There were different rides, a parade and a stretch of other adventures and restaurants.



Day 3:  A morning walk at the Garden of Morning Calm, where they have a bonsai collection and newly planted tulips. They were getting ready for the change of season from winter to spring. And in the afternoon, we had a ferry ride going to the Island of Nami. This place is famously seen in Korean movies and telenobelas. 



Day 4:  We went on a hop-on-hop-off city tour the whole day. The first stop was the Seoul City Hall where we saw the changing of the guards in a nearby palace. Then we went to the Bokchon Hanbok Village.  We were able to wear their national costume called Hanbok in this village.  Plus I get to see the fresh pinky Cherry Blossoms in the park. Next was the Namsan Tower. It was freezing cold that we were not able to walk more to see the tower. The last was the Gyeongbokgung Palace, it was just sad that the weather was not favorable and the palace closed in a few minutes after we arrived.

Then I had dinner with relatives, I met my cousin-inaanak Grace Choi who was married to a Korean. Got to meet her husband and kids too, my apos... Yoonha is so charming and baby Yoonjeong smells sooo heavenly. We had chicken on a huge plate and a lot of stories afterwards.



The food in Korea is something new to my taste. I did not see fish on their menus, but instead they call it seafood which is basically live squids. Koreans have this hot plate where you cook fresh beef and pork meat, amazingly it tastes so good even without marinades. They are known for Bulgogi and Bibimbop as we have them here in the Philippines. I always had a hearty breakfast in the hotel, loaded with a good cup of coffee, fresh croissants and a Korean touch of rice balls or noodles.


Day 5: A free day with BFF Timi. We just walked around Myeongdong Street until we reached Diaso. The Daiso store in Korea had 12 floors, but only 8 floors were loaded with exciting things. We had 2 trips in this tall building and just walked and walked until it was time to head for the airport.

The Seoul Searching ended with tones of memories and a-19.2 kilos of luggage. I will never forget the spring weather which was for me, WINTER at 6 degrees! My fingers were painful because of the freezing cold weather. The rain in Korea was like baby showers which was not even considered as ambon (as we call it in the Philippines). The street foods which was quite pricey at P150.00 per serving but were mouth watering. The left and right beauty stores which was really tempting to splurge. Plus the many minutes of just sitting and watching the STI Senior Highschool graduation which was on live streaming, because the wifi system was really awesome. God I missed this event! I wish I can bring my kids in this place, the weather is so perfect for them.

I got new memories to add in my piggy bank of life. 
Yeah, life is really good... Thank you Lord!

TFL!

No comments: