Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Angel turned 7!

My little girl Maxine would have celebrated her 7th birthday last Wednesday, April 16... I know this may sound awful to others, celebrating for dead people. But for Maxine, it's her birthday and death anniversary at the same time. I was sitting in my scrap table that morning while saying a prayer for her when my hubby texted me reminding me of a little something for Maxine. Bigla akong napaisip, kung andito kaya sa Maxine ngayon, ano kayang party ang ang gusto nya? I'm a party freak Mom, I organize my boys' parties from the handmade invitations down to the menu and all the other details. Bigla naman akong nalungkot because I can never organize a super girly affair like a Princess or Barbie party, or should I say, Maxine can no longer have parties like this. I was not in a good mood then, but I tried to scrap just to brighten my day. I made a layout for her using a duplicate copy of her tombstone again. I made it colorful and bright like a birthday party I always dreamed for her. I used Prima paintable pps and painted it with Faber Castell's watercolour pencils, different Prima flowers, Prima notepad, 7 Gypsies paperclip, heart blings, fabric covered brad, and fibers. Salamat po for looking!



Happy 7th Birthday MAXINE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so touching. I can feel your emotion dear. I can relate a lot! We also celebrate things like this to Huey. Cheer Up ok? Your LO was beautiful! I am sure Maxine will love that! And I know she is proud of you. ((((Hugs)))))

Anonymous said...

aaawww.. this is so sweet, issa.. i'm sure u made Maxine smile with pride from where she's perched in heaven. love the bright colors u used. great job! =)

Liza said...

you are not alone in "celebrating" birthdays of our lost angels. you know i feel how you feel. seven years may seem a long time for other people, but for people like us, it is already an eternity lost. happy birthday to your angel maxine.

Anonymous said...

such a brave thing to do, issa! they said that the surest way to freedom is acceptance. and the way you paid tribute to your departed girl is a start :) here's to you!