Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hello 2014!

I can't believe we are down to a couple of hours and we have to say goodbye to 2013... wheew, what a year!

According to Feng Shui,  2013 or the year of the snake will not be a good year. But I can say that it was not that bad for me after all. Here's looking back how the snake treated me over the past 12 months...


Our family remained banded and happy. The Carandang's had a successful reunion on April 7 after more than 30 years, it was celebrated in commemoration of Lola Goring's 19th death anniversary at Hardin Antonio, Tanauan City, Batangas. Relatives from California, USA, Dubai, and Mindanao came to celebrate with us. Another blissful birthday celebration for my Mom's 74th year on July 23. We are so blessed to have her with good health, strong faith and plenty of time for her apos. Speaking of apo, we have an addition to the Virtucio clan. Giorgina Marie daughter of my cousins Janice and Bugoy, was born on February 3. 


My little man definitely brought a lot of good news for 2013! He celebrated his 9th birthday on March 1. We had an impromptu preparations and he invited some of his friends, classmates and servicemates. Lorenzo got a silver medal for being an achiever in Grade 2. We are so proud of him, as he moved to Grade 3 in June.



Summer was always the best part of the year! My brother Louie and wife Hayk came home from Dubai  and  celebrated their first wedding anniversary with us. The whole family went to Hong Kong (except my hubby) in April. Day 1 was spent at the Peak where the kids saw Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum and went a little walking at the Avenue of the Stars. Day 2 was a whole day of FUN at Disneyland and the last day was a short stay at the Ocean Park. It was a well-spent bonding moment with the whole family and the kids will never forget this experience. And as always, our summer ended with a regular visit to Baguio City. It's our second home here in our country.


Another highlight of the year was the homecoming of Auntie Linda, Uncle Bill and Auntie Ann. They visited UPLB, Tagaytay City, Batangas City, our relatives in Tanauan, Batangas, Manila and the province of Bataan. It was really great to have them here in our home, a lot of catching up with stories and life, a lot of shopping and of course, bonding moments with them. I will never forget the morning talks of Lorenzo and Auntie Ann, where my little man was teaching her some tagalog words. And of course, our frequent dine outs which gave me extra pounds again. 


By the end of 2013, I have accomplished 5 semesters already in my graduate studies. This semester marks my last sem for my academic subjects and should prepare and pass my Comprehensive Exam in January. I took my mid-program evaluation exams in August and finished my Internship course and defense in September. I am still a member of the Board of Directors of the Letran Graduate School Council for the second time, just a little way to help and support our little circle in the grad school.  


I am on my 6th semester teaching at STI College Calamba campus. I am always grateful to this institution for their lingering support and trust. I am grateful about the gift of teaching and imparting the knowledge to my students and classmates in any way that I can. May the gift of wisdom continues to show me the path I always wanted to take.

After 13 years living in my house, we finally had the floors changed. For whatever reason that happened to my semi-granite floor, I don't know but we have to change the whole main floor of the house. Now its sparkling white and I love it!

My big boy Luigi turned 20 on September 26. He is now on his 3rd year in college and still working on his BS Hotel and Restaurant Management course. I wish him goodluck and finish his course the soonest time.

And of course, I celebrated my 45th birthday on December 1. I may have a lot of body pains and aches, and white hairs this year... but I promise to age with grace and happiness. I still scrap once in awhile, I only accomplished 59 12x12 pages for my boys and my 2013 project life. Nothing much on my creative side because I am focused on my studies for now.

And that was 2013!

I know I still have a lot to learn about stress, hard work and trials. I may not perfect them, but I promise to keep a positive soul and pray for blessings and miracles to help me survive life. I only hope that the good Lord will never leave me and I believe everything else will follow.

So bring it on 2014! I welcome you with open arms. 

Happy New Year Everyone! 
Wishing you all a prosperous 2014.



No comments: