Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Goodbye 2020! Hello 2021!

2020 was not a good year for everyone! With the Covid19 virus and the pandemic effect all around the world plus a lot of local calamities, I believe it was not a good one for generally all. Well, it was a terrible one for our little family... my husband Dodo left us on October 1, due to a fatal heart attack. And everything changed...


The Philippines had its share of hardships early 2020. In January, the famous and beautiful Taal Volcano exploded leaving a lot of damages in its nearby towns, it even reached Los Banos, Laguna. There were earthquakes in the southern part of the country. And in November, a number of typhoons overlapped to hit the whole island.  


My Lorenzo
On the lighter side of life... Chuy continued to grow to be our little man. He had his promenade in February at the Monochrome Events Place, Sta. Rosa City and got himself a big blue suit. He finished his Grade 9 before the lockdown and now struggles and enjoys his online classes in Grade 10. We celebrated his 16th birthday on March 1 with a korean-samgyup lunch as he requested. This was our last family celebration before the lockdown and eventually, our last too as a complete family.




My Luigi
My eldest Luigi, became more responsible this year, specially now that his Daddy is gone. He takes care of all us in the house, specially our dogs. Dodo left us with 4 guard dogs and Diego our indoor pet. He turned 27 in September, a week before his Daddy passed away. From then on, he became more passionate, considerate and more helpful to the family.




My Job
I had a roller coaster ride on my job! March 16 was my last day at work and the start of the lockdown. I did not report for work physically for 5 months, but we had continuous trainings, meetings and communications. STI College made sure that our electronic learning management system is maximized and teachers are equipped in this kind of challenges and change.  I am grateful that my co-Heads are very understanding and considerate about what I have been going thru this past few months. I am also proud of our teachers who are there with us during this struggle, they showed their support and love to our students in spite of their own struggles. 



My Craft
This pandemic gave me a lot of time to go back to my crafting. This helped me keep up with my anxiety and worries of everyday life. I went back to sewing and stitching, finished my backlogs on scrapbooking and my project life, and lastly, had so much time with my plants. I had the longest time also in cleaning up the entire house, even my Mom's house. 





Life without Dodo...
We are still coping up with our lost. Unconsciously, my body was hocked up on this stress and pain. But I, together with with my boys, are moving forward to face life again. I know my husband is in a better place now with the Lord, this thought kept me going and made be feel somehow at peace, too. We will never forget how he bind us as a family, how we both dream to make a home and how much he loves our two boys... those good memories will be our treasure from now on.



Life must go on...
Luigi, Lorenzo and I are still grateful with life. We gained another angel in heaven, this time our little girl Maxine is now being taken cared of his Daddy Dodo in heaven. Its Christmas time once again, it may be sad, but I am still happy to celebrate Lord Jesus Christ's birthday. Prayers and sharing to others made me feel better. I pray for a better new year... healthy body and mind for me and my boys, my brothers and their families, and our Mom; productive and more output in my job; more time with my boys and most of all, may this struggle of Covid19 end soon.


Merry Christmas and a full of Hope 2021!
God bless us all...


No comments: