Monday, June 13, 2011

HK!

Took a little breather and headed to Hong Kong! Its been six years since I last visited this island and although it was my 5th time to come here, I still love going back to HONG KONG!

Took the night tour for my Day 1, cost about $340HK for a Tram ride going up Victoria Peak, Madam Taussad's Wax Museum and an hour shopping at the Ladies market in Mongkok. A little expensive but its all worth it specially now that I got to see the famous wax museum. Plus I get a free ride going back to my far-away hotel.





Day 2: Spent the whole day outside! Woke up early to catch breakfast at Cafe Lido. Then took the morning city tour which I always join everytime I go to HK. First stop was Aberdeen's Fishing Village and then saw the beaches of Repulse Bay, where the riches of HK lives. Then went to TSL jewelry shop which I'd seen for the Nth time (eww!) and the t-shirt factory were I got our favorite dates and walnut bars. Then after that, dropped off to Tsim Sha Tsui where I get to walk and walk until I reached Ocean Terminal Mall to looked for glues.




I love eating around in HK... look! Found a street food store before at Mongkok night market, love the fried octopus tentacles!



I travelled alone, no kids for the first time! And so I get to relax a bit from Mommy duties. Here's my hotel facilities... got a buffet breakfast for $30HK, yummy! Then my bed was the best, I wanted to bring home my pillow and blanket. Then my favorite spot in the room was the big window overlooking the sea and the huge bridge on top. Tseun Wan was like 45 minutes away from the city proper and was quite hard to reach, and so I got to indulge my last day just laying on my bed and watching TV.





I love this trip... I was alone but I was happy and I enjoyed it! Now, I'm planning to come back soon, with the kids! Oh wondering how I got photoed? Thanks to some new friends who offered to take pictures of me, and thanks to my DSLR timer too!

TFL always!

1 comment:

Michelle McClure said...

You HK photos sure brought back memories, I use to go there in high school, but there was no wax museum then. I came by from Sketchabilities to say I love your fun and colorful layout.