Sunday, April 12, 2015

Scrapping Multiple Photos...

Scrapping multiple pictures on double pages are always a big challenge for me. Aside from finding the right colors and theme, we have to create a balance. Balance pertains to all the elements arranged so that the entire layout has a consistent visual weight. I read once in a beginner's book on scrapbooking, balance can be seen in the Rule of Thirds and the "Z" Movement. It is a common technique of artists and photographers, where the rule divides the page into thirds  both horizontally and vertically. Creating a “z” movement on the other hand, is achieved by arranging elements so that they form a “z”. This guides the eye naturally through the page from left to right, then  down, creating an appealing flow. This helped me a lot in making multiple picture-layouts and even working on big sizes pictures.







Coke Museum... I used here American Crafts white cardstocks, Heidi Swapp chipboard clock face, Thickers' foam letters, velum letter stickers, DCWV papers, My Mind's Eye papers, washi tapes, assorted brads, wooden button and native twine.



Today was a Very Good Day... I used here DCWV cardstocker, Echo Park cardstock embies, washi tapes and buttons.

I am just enjoying everyday doing what I love most... CREATING! I missed this last year, I was not able to do anything last summer because I was writing my thesis then. I recall! Yesterday morning, I peeped on my Project Life pages. I realized I was a year behind and I had to go back to picture hunting for printing again. I want to sew owl pillows and cross stitch a Christmas frame to add to my Santa Claus collection. I want to do afternoon walks and naps, swimming and tons of home cleaning.  I wish to do them all in two months -- not to forget family bonding, time-out with friends and my annual travel. God be with me please.

Okay, so let's start with scrapping instead. Let's Go!

TFL!

No comments: