Saturday, December 31, 2022

Welcome 2023... Thank You 2022!

 A few more hours and 2022 will be history.

As I sit down and think about how 2022 went by, I felt my struggles in work, my everyday life as a teacher, my simple joys as a Mom and the blessings I continuously receive. Life is much better in 2022 because majority of us are now vaccinated, We can now go out to enjoy a bit, dine out and even travel too. The mask is still part of our daily outfits, although there are times we are no longer conscious but COVID19 is still here!

And so life must go on...

Me and Myself

The first quarter of the year was both terrible and terrifying... I got the virus! It was my first batch of thesis research and defense in my department when I thought it was just fatigue. Good thing the defense was online, I was laying down most of the time with camera off to rest. I got fever for 24 hours and a terrible cough after 3 days. Luigi stayed with me in my house, so he also caught the virus. We were isolated for 14 days and the defense continued. The terrifying part was, you do not know what will happen to you everyday! There was an all around anxiety attack. Good thing, I was able to book an online checkup with my internist, Dra. Nancy Torres and we were diagnosed with the Omicron variant. I finally calmed down and was able to rest for a few more days to complete the quarantine period.


I finally had the time and courage to do my utmost plan of home renovation. I had 2 huge clothes cabinets in the second floor of the house, redone my dinning cabinets, painted the house interior, changed a few light fixtures, changed my main and side doors and changed all my windows into sliding ones. Plus a new all-solid acacia table from Ikea topped the renovation. All done in 3 weeks and this made me super happy!







My Lorenzo
He turned 18 this year and he is on his 12th Grade taking up Culinary Art in STI College Calamba. He wanted to become a real chef someday and the best decision to do is to start with a strong foundation as early as now.... then go, COOK! He has now experienced cooking in an industry based kitchen, learned a lot of basics and now can cook on his own. Oh he got the virus as well, he got it towards the end of January, where he was isolated alone in his big room and his computer. 





My Luis
Luigi turned 29 this year. He continuous to be the most responsible son and kuya to us. He can now drive to Manila, but of course with a good navigator on his side. I wish him the best this coming new year, maybe its time to think of family and marrying?




Our Family
My brother Louie and SIL Hayk visited us in April, this was after the 2 years lockdown. We had a short get away to Baguio City and a lot of strolling around in Laguna and Manila. While mommy flew to USA in September for a-2 month vacation with my youngest brother, Jay and her sister, Auntie Linda and Uncle Bill. Mommy celebrated her 83rd birthday with good health and plenty of prayer meetings.






My Spouse
Dodo will be remembered always! I received his retirement ring this year. It will be kept safely for the two boys to remember his hard work all his productive years. It has been 2 years since he left us, but all his memories are here to stay.



My Life
At 54, I have no idea of what is still in stored for me. All I know is I have two precious boys to take care and grow old with. I am looking forward to more experiences, more challenges, more discoveries and more happiness with them. I want to slow down in work, take it easy with stress and work problems, no more PhD plans and just be a regular teacher. I just want to walk, eat and just be happy with life.






I am grateful for 2022! There should be no room for unhappy thoughts, instead, find the good things out of those experiences. I wish for more ME time on self care, mental health, scrapping time, chat with friends, good relationship with Lord and more quality time with my kids and family. My wish for myself are good health, resolved anemia, more peaceful menopause transmission and more time to walk. My wishes for my family are good health, safety and another major trip to be together again.  



God bless us all as we 
welcome 2023!






No comments: