Thursday, June 5, 2008

They are okay na...

Huling hirit bago magpasukan... that was my joke to my kids when they were both confined Sunday night at the Los Banos Doctors Hospital.

It was an ordinary Sunday afternoon, Luigi woke up from a nap with a headache and a hungry stomach. So he had a glass of fresh milk and after that he started having stomach pains. He asked me to bring him to the hospital because the pain was getting different. After two hours in the emergency room and CBC and urinalysis tests, the attending doctor gave him a nubain shot. It made him quite sleepy but really drowsy and nauseated. I thought he would be confined then, but the doctor told us that we can go home. We were having dinner when Enzo vomited twice, I thought he was just catching my attention because he was a bit jealous of Kuya. After another two hours, the two boys were continuously throwing up! I texted Dra. Rita because I was sooo afraid! And so, they were both admitted at around 10 in the evening. Their CBC-WBC reading reached 25t for Kuya and 23t for Enzo, meaning there was an infection.

We stayed in a suite room, yon na nga lang suite room ng hospital! My two sons had a great bonding moment habang pareho silang naka-dextrose... on day time, they stayed in one bed to watch their favorite cartoons, they had their favorite ripe mangoes and gatorade, they even napped together... the three days in the hospital were very peaceful and restful for the boys. Now they are both okay and ready for school tomorrow...

Now don't ask me what caused the throwing up and the stomach pains... because I'm not yet feeling better myself!

3 comments:

Chowchow said...

Oh no Issa - no wonder I haven't seen you around in SK. Do take care but staying at a hospital suite is definitely the way to go!!!

Wati Basri said...

issa...gld to hear tt yr kids are doin better now...u take care of yourself too...*hugz*

Lee i. said...

issa, i'm glad your kids are ok. i had scary moments with my daughters that same week, too. nag-bonding din sila sa hospital. :-)