Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dugong Arriba!



Here's my Scrapbytes entry for this month... my college grad pic! Grabe, ang tagal ko na palang graduate at bigla akong nag-nostalgia? My husband Dodo was with me when I was doing this page, so nagkwentuhan kami about our college days. We were almost 11 years apart by age, but we were at the same campus during his time in college, he was in UPLB and I was in Maquiling Elementary School. Medyo nagconnect lang kami ng stories because we were both in the same fraternity. But it was such a nice time bonding with my husband, maraming funny stories and common acquaintances. Hanggang yan natapos ko na itong layout ko...

Here's my journaling: I graduated on March 17, 1989…19 years ago, seems like yesterday…I earned my college degree at Colegio de San Juan de Letran, Calamba campus. For 8 long years, Letran became my second home. I was there when the walls were still rough and unpainted. I was there since 1981 where I had my highschool years. So you can just imagine, I practically grew up in this school. I’m a true blooded Letranite!… sa isip, sa salita at sa gawa, sabi ni Fr. Senen Ecleo OP. Personally, it was not a relief for me as I left my school upon graduation, but I’m proud to say that I am a college graduate. I was like a bird thrown in the air, still learning to fly with my wings. Slowly finding my way up and learning what life has in store for me. I landed in the field of auditing and business. My training and my courses helped me somehow in my work, made me confident to face life and live life. Thank you for teaching me the discipline of a Letranite, the knowledge acquired from wisdom and the foundation of my Catholic beliefs. These made me what I am today, for which I am forever grateful!19 years had passed and I can still remember the parting words of our Father Rector Jesse Loreto, OP…”Keep shining as a Letranite wherever you can be!” Arriba Letran!

I used here Cosmo Cricket pps (love notes-always & together again), cardstock, corogated paper, tech. tuesday black ink, colorbox gold ink, prima flowers & build a frame clear stamps, accetate, staz on black ink, metal flowers, fancy pants clear stamps, WRMK precious metal hardware (bookplate & brads), lace, Mambi rubons, acrylic paint, thickers chipboards letter, ranger glossy accents & black pen.

No comments: