Saturday, October 27, 2007

MLA-Basic Grey Challenge

April Joy Lim and Helga buzzed me yesterday and told me that I won the Basic Grey Multi-pictures Challenge of My Little Attic. Nette send me the newsletter and it goes... "CONGRATULATIONS TO Issa Lucido!!!!26 October 2007 MLA NEWSLETTER: Kelly Goree of Basic Grey said, “ I adore Splash by Issa V. Lucido and the use of white space along with the mix of both the Lucky and Oh Baby Boy lines. And the raised splash elements sent me over the moon (not to mention how cute her little guy is!)” Congratulations to you Issa!!! Your layout is truly a winner!!! I’m expecting the new lines of BG to arrive anytime soon so just wait for your prizes in the mail. Thank you so much to everyone who took time to participate in this challenge. Wait for MLA’s next challenge soon! Enjoy your long weekend everyone!"

I used here BG-Lucky Iris; Oh Baby! Boy-Garic, Nathan and Jackson, Heidi Swapp schizophrenic and she chipboard letters painted with MM Paint blueberry, star brads, bottons, dmc thread and foam tapes. I backstitched my circles. I made the splashes with the paisley swirl template by Crafters Workshop. I used foam tapes and chalk ink on the splashes to add a 3D effect. Lastly, I always sew my bottons! I was super puyat as in I finished this layout at 2:30 in the morning.

Thanks to Ms. Kelly Goree of BG for choosing my layout and for her wonderful comments. Nette for the heart warming greetings and for being so kind to us, the LB Scrapaholics. My family in US for sending me new stuff like the chipboards and the MM paints. April and Helga for breaking the news. My friends Timi, Dra. Rita and ate Liezl for bonding last night. And to those who greeted me in Scrap Exchange, texted me and left a message in my blog, most specially to Diane, Ella and Ytet... Maraming Salamat from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: