Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My Idol Layout!



I choose this photo of Dodo and Enzo because I feel happy to see them together, and this was the theme for the Grand Finals of Scrappin' Mom's Idol "What Makes Me Happy". It was a 3-hour on the spot challenge using an acrylic sheet, whaaaa! it was my first time to use an acrylic and to tell you the truth, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! So I just turned on my MP3 player and started to play. I was seated on the 3rd table with Au Lim, Cookie Aguilar and Cabbie Lopez. I was totally blank but I was relaxed because I was listening to my favorite Karen Carpenter songs and Kris Aquino's Songs of Love and Healing.

Inside our kits were 3 scenic route patterned papers, a 12 x 12 acrylic sheet, a yellow heidi swapp flower, 3 eyelets and a strip of Elsie fabric. The first rule was to use everything on the kit, but you can still add anything that you can purchase inside the fest. Next was you have to execute three scrapbooking techniques... first I made strips with paper tearing and inked them or kinda distressed it and then I started stitching. Since I really had no idea of using acrylics, I just painted on the sides and that was it! I just adhered some flowers and chipboard, wrote my journals and stamped a little using staz on ink.

I made it to the top 6! This is just enough for me and I am just so happy with it, super happy talaga!

No comments: